Moscow Public Science Foundation (MPSF) is a non-profit
Operational since 1991
MPSF enables innovation and facilitates progress in the area of the humanities,
social and political knowledge. This is our contribution to strengthening civil
society, promoting democracy and the rule of law in Russia.
MPSF is a methodology and resource center for experts and organizations promoting
reforms in the following areas:
· higher education, retraining and advance training of personnel;
· research and development in social sciences;
· NGO community;
· local government and municipal management.
Facilitating innovative processes in managing research & development in social
sciences, in policy analysis, education and retraining of personnel
· Organizing and managing open grant competitions; managing competitive
fellowship programs providing access to advanced foreign experience;
· Facilitating institution building and institutional strengthening of
· Developing and promoting venture projects, identifying partners and
donors for their implementation.
Delivery of training
Training Set 1
· Positioning NGOs on the social project market;
· Raising institutional sustainability of non-government educational
and research centers;
· Training needs assessment in higher education establishments (for managerial
staff and faculty);
· Result Based Project Management;
· Efficient and effective management of a non-profit organization.
Training Set 2
· Elected Local Council Members In Local Government. Roles and Skills.;
· Strategic planning in municipal management;
· Local communities and local government: ensuring citizens’ participation;
· Total Quality Maintenance in Local Government Operations
Training programs of Set 2 are also available in training-of-trainers format.
MPSF offers modern adult-education methods and techniques which emphasize experiencial
learning - ample use of case-studies, critical incidences, simulations, games
and other interactive and learning-by-doing methods and provides sets of training
manuals and methodical literature to participating partner educational centers,
seeking thereby to strengthen networks of training centers and to build capacity
for training of local public officials and municipal managers in Russia thus enhancing
good governance and competent local leadership.
Introducing information technologies
· Creation of multi-media interactive textbooks and distance education
courses on the humanities;
· Provision of technical assistance in developing distance education
systems within a framework оf inter-university cooperation;
· Creation and promotion of web resources for the education / training
and R&D sector (databases, internet- and teleconferences, forums and other).
· Provision of assistance in integrating fragmented, lop-sided web resources
and their further support.
· Provision of assistance to NGOs in hosting their web resources on MPSF
Facilitating a free flow and exchange of scholarly concepts and studies
· MPSF publishes and disseminates free of charge the following series:
“Research Reports”, “Library of Local Government” and “Inter-Regional Research
In Social Sciences”.
· MPSF supports an electronic archive of publications containing full-text
versions of its own publications and some other relevant scientific and educational
materials on the humanities.
· MPSF organizes and conducts conferences and workshops, seminars and
roundtables to discuss issues of contemporary Russian development and international
Developing packages of technical assistance
TA packages are to facilitate sustainability and institutional development of
NGOs and are focused on such topics as raising the efficiency of management, developing
strategies for monitoring project implementation, dissemination of the obtained
results, development of network relations and other. The package integrates diagnostics,
consulting and training components.
Introducing international experience
In the course of project and program implementation MPSF pays particular attention
to the examination and dissemination of international experience and its adjustment
to Russia’s environment. MPSF professional resources are created on the basis
of broad international expert cooperation.
MPSF has a pro-active policy with respect to regional participation. This policy
is designed to energize the full potential of talent and expertise available nation-wide
to ensure quality in the delivery of programs and maximum impact. Regional participation
at all stages of development and delivery of programs is sought consistently also
as an important instrument promoting equal opportunity.